Gold medalist in Medicine, E.N.T, Pharmacology
Dr Shvetha completed her MBBS training standing first in her class, from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal. In addition, she has gold medals in Medicine, E.N.T, Pharmacology to her academic accolade. Dr Shvetha pursued Psychiatric PG training in various tertiary and district general hospitals of Manchester, UK. During her training in the U.K, she obtained membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych). She is not only well versed with evidence-based practice but is also passionate about delivering confidential, personalised, holistic, quality mental health care to her patients.
Dr Shvetha is well adept in different super specialities of Psychiatry. Her areas of expertise include:
1. Adult and old age psychiatric disorders such as depression, suicidal ideations, self-harm, anxiety, OCD, stress management, psychosis and schizophrenia and, memory problems like dementia
2. Child and adolescent psychiatric issues like ADHD, autism, conduct disorder, school refusal, anxiety, OCD, depression etc
3. Drugs and alcohol de-addiction and ECT
4. Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural therapy, bereavement counselling, assessment of personality disorders
5. Eating disorders like anorexia nervosa, bulimia and atypical eating disorders
6. Learning disabilities and related mental illnesses
7. Neuropsychiatric problems like confusion, delirium, psychiatric presentations of epilepsy and other medical conditions etc
If you are worried about any of the above problems Dr Shvetha would be ideal to deal with your concerns.